November 21, 2016
A year from now, Brick will celebrate one hundred issues and forty years of publishing. Planning for this milestone has already begun: in addition to putting together a one-of-a-kind hundredth issue, we will be holding events in Toronto and (we hope) elsewhere in Canada and beyond. And we want to bring the celebration to you, as a way to thank you for reading, supporting, and following Brick. Your support during this year’s fundraising drive will allow us to mark Brick 100 in truly international fashion.
Brick has devoted subscribers in nearly thirty countries, and if you’re one of them, you will have received (or will soon be receiving) our annual fundraising letter in the mail. Every donation is crucial: we couldn’t publish the wide-ranging essays, interviews, memoirs, belles lettres, and art we do without your support. Head over to our Donate page now to help keep Brick going. We even have enticements!
Brickbags for donations of at least $50!OUT OF STOCK! Custom Brick Moleskine® notebooks for donations of at least $101!OUT OF STOCK!
- Signed books by Brick editors past and present for donations of $250 or more! Choose from
- The Purchase by Linda Spalding
- The Cat’s Table by Michael Ondaatje
- After James by Michael Helm
- Saving Houdini by Michael Redhill
- In the Land of Birdfishes by Rebecca Silver Slayter
- Settler Education by Laurie D. Graham
Simply include a note when you donate online letting us know which gift you’d like.
As we near Brick’s one hundredth issue and fortieth year, I hope you’ll take this opportunity to help the magazine cross an important threshold. Please visit our Donate page and give today.
Laurie D. Graham
p.s. You have lots of options, beyond a one-time donation, when it comes to supporting Brick:
- Become a monthly sustainer: A gift of $10 or more per month provides crucial ongoing support to the magazine.
- Subscribe or renew your subscription (and select our new auto-renew subscription to provide us with that extra bit of stability).
- Give gift subscriptions to friends and family—our holiday deal is on now!
- Treat yourself to a copy of The New Brick Reader.
NB: Because Brick does not have charitable status, we are unable to issue tax receipts. Our unremitting appreciation will have to do.